Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Congratulations to the Men's Lacrosse Team!

 


This past Sunday, UMD men's lacrosse team secured their fifth Big Ten Conference title. In a high stakes game against No.12 Ohio State, they won 18-8. The neuroscience community sends a huge congratulations to every hard working student athlete on the team. However, we want to give a special shoutout to our very own neuroscience major, Justin Sherrer. 


Justin is a sophomore, neuroscience student who plays defense for our men's lacrosse team. He is originally from Woodstock, Georgia, a town about 40 minutes north of Atlanta. Justin hopes to one day become a pediatric orthopedic surgeon, or work in some area of pediatrics. When asked "Why Neuroscience?", Justin answers "The thing that really led me to consider neuroscience was my great-grandmother; she suffered from Alzheimer's during my early teenage years and passed away as a result, so as I grew old enough to understand that it was a degenerative neurological condition, I knew neuroscience was something I wanted to study and learn more about. The ability to learn more about the brain and its minute details every day is fascinating, and is something that I enjoy more than any other subject area I have ever been introduced to."

Congratulations, Justin! The Neuroscience Team is so proud of you!

If you are a neuroscience major and would like to share a special achievement with the neuroscience community, please email neuradvising@umd.edu.